Opportunity for Senior Design Engineer
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in mechanical engineering with five to ten years of design engineering experience preferably with injection molded, steel fabricated components. Full proficiency in the use of the SolidWorks CAD platform is required and FEA is a valuable asset. The successful candidate is self-motivated, quick to deliver and a team player. Incumbent must be able to demonstrate a results driven attitude, effective problem solving skills and have above average communication skills. Experience with reverse osmosis and/or any water filtration polymeric membrane fabrication is required. Demonstrated experience with element fabrication is an asset.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Performing engineering calculations with respect to strength of materials, temperature, pressure, force, as related to product design
- Managing design from concept to production
- Producing required engineering deliverables for the product design including working drawings, prototypes, detailed drawings and bills of materials for sub-assemblies or products using SolidWorks
- Formalizing and updating drawing documentation
- Participating in regular meetings to capture changes for implementation in the design standards
- Organizing documentation, including quotes, drawing registers, correspondence, requisitions, drawings, and schedules on assigned projects
- Providing mentorship as well as expertise and direction on design and CAD to a team of dynamic engineers
- Other duties as required
Source: Wingate Dunross
Login to add your comment.