With the recent publication on the 2016 National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) strategic plan last month, we are provided insight on refinements of the major goals along with emerging initiatives and strategies that have been implemented to address the comments and objectives mapped out in prior years...
Single wall carbon nanotubes are one of the most effective conductive additives – they are able to significantly increase electrical and thermal conductivity, and to improve the mechanical properties and other important characteristics of materials. However, their key advantage is that these desired properties can be achieved with ultralow loadings of the additive – hundreds or thousands of times lower than other widely used conductive additives, and starting from concentrations of just 0...
Carbon nanotubes (CNTs) being highly electrically conductive along the tube axis, have gained great research interests in recent years for connecting two conducting electrodes at the nanoscale – where the CNTs can be integrated into a micro- or nanoelectronic system.
Due to the anisotropic nature of conductivity, CNTs have potential applications in nanoscale switches and nano-electromechanical systems (NEMS)...
Researchers from Case Western Reserve University, Dayton Air Force Research Laboratory and China have developed a new dry adhesive that bonds in extreme temperatures—a quality that could make the product ideal for space exploration and beyond.
The gecko-inspired adhesive loses no traction in temperatures as cold as liquid nitrogen or as hot as molten silver, and actually gets stickier as heat increases, the researchers report...
Industry News Headlines
- Perovskite solar cells hit new world efficiency record
- Mass Innovation Labs Welcomes Three New Resident Companies Into Its “Bench on Demand” Laboratory Space - Business Wire (press release)
- Grant will support development of flexible electronics at UMass ... - Plastics News
- Throwing new light on printed organic solar cells
- New fabrication technique leads to broader sunlight absorption in plastic solar cells
- Environmentally-friendly graphene textiles could enable wearable electronics
- Graphene enables fully flexible near-field communication antennas
- Making flawless graphene coatings
- New way to make low-cost perovskite solar cell technology
- 2016 National Nanotechnology Initiative Strategic Plan
- Launching the New PSS Website: pssnicomp.com
- Companies Now Can Bring Fast and Accurate Nanoparticle Analysis In-House
- MIT awarded UNESCO Medal for contributions to nanoscience and nanotechnologies
- Researchers use acoustic waves to move fluids at the nanoscale