Glioblastoma multiforme, a cancer of the brain also known as “octopus tumors” because of the manner in which the cancer cells extend their tendrils into surrounding tissue, is virtually inoperable, resistant to therapies, and always fatal, usually within 15 months of onset. Each year, glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) kills approximately 15,000 people in the United States...
Researchers at the University of Twente's MESA+ research institute, together with researchers from several other knowledge institutions, have developed a ‘flexo-electric’ nanomaterial. The material has built-in mechanical tension that changes shape when you apply electrical voltage, or that generates electricity if you change its shape...
On Thursday, the Cambridge Graphene Technology Day – an exhibition of graphene-based technologies organised by the Cambridge Graphene Centre, together with its partner companies – took place, showcasing new products based on graphene and related two-dimensional materials.
Some of the examples of the products and prototypes on display included flexible displays, printed electronics, and graphene-based heaters, all of which have potential for consumer applications...
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory scientists have found that lithium ion batteries operate longer and faster when their electrodes are treated with hydrogen.
Lithium ion batteries (LIBs) are a class of rechargeable battery types in which lithium ions move from the negative electrode to the positive electrode during discharge and back when charging.
The growing demand for energy storage emphasizes the urgent need for higher-performance batteries...
Industry News Headlines
- SUNY Poly Welcomes DPS as the Global Engineering Firm Opens Its U.S. Advanced Technology Group Headquarters at Cutting-Edge ZEN Building
- Janus separator: A new opportunity to improve lithium-sulfur batteries
- A new method of constructing nanowires for use as semiconductors
- Calling All Industries: Get Your Graphene By The Kiloton
- Calling All Industries: Get Your Graphene By The Kiloton - Nanotechnology News (press release)
- Higher solar cell efficiency thanks to perovskite magic crystal
- Nanocarriers may carry new hope for brain cancer therapy: Berkeley Lab researchers develop nanoparticles that can carry therapeutics across the brain blood barrier
- Flexoelectricity is more than Moore
- Engineered 2D nanomaterials–protein interfaces for efficient sensors
- Tekna Signs Agreement with Sigma-Aldrich for Worldwide Distribution of its Nanoparticles in Sample Quantities
- Superhero boom inspires science contest for nanotechnology-inspired gear
- Graphene's stabilizling influence on supercapacitors
- Carbon-supported and nanosheet-assembled vanadium oxide microspheres for stable lithium-ion battery anodes
- $13.5M Awarded to Stanford University and International Collaborators from the ... - Business Wire (press release)