As part of continued efforts to ensure a more comprehensive understanding of nanoscale materials in commerce, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has issued a final regulation requiring one-time reporting and recordkeeping of existing exposure and health and safety information on nanoscale chemical substances in commerce pursuant to its authority under Section 8(a) of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)...
Collaboration Between Two Arkansas Based Companies Boosts Manufacturing Productivity and PerformancePress Releases
NanoMech, Inc. and Pace Industries, both based in Northwest Arkansas, have come together as an example of Arkansas’ collaborative ingenuity in manufacturing. Because of the partnership, Pace has achieved unsurpassed quality control, repeatability, and scalability in producing some of the best components and products. NanoMech has proven once again their ability to innovate lubricants that enhance manufacturing productivity, quality, efficiency and competitiveness...
A biosensor is an instrument that measures a characteristic property of an analyte with a detector located on a substrate. The ICN2 Nanobioelectronics and Biosensors Group, headed by ICREA Professor Arben Merkoçi, discusses in an Advanced Materials invited essay about graphene-based optical and electrical biosensing platforms with the integration of graphene derivatives (as detectors) and plastic and paper (as substrates) in order to simplify and improve the biosensing technology...
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) officials, along with representatives from local government and industry, broke ground Friday on the Advanced Manufacturing Lab (AML), a modern collaborative hub for developing next-generation materials and manufacturing technologies.
Industry News Headlines
- Ultra-fast, ultra-sensitive platinum selenide gas sensors
- U.S. EPA finalizes reporting and record keeping requirements on nanoscale materials
- Disposable biosensors made from newspaper
- Molybdenum-Disulfide 2D Transistors Go Ballistic
- Efficient nanowire solution for a big-name pollutant
- Imec and Besi Demonstrate Long-Term Reliability of Ni-Cu-Ag Plated Solar Modules
- Responsive filtration membranes by polymer self-assembly
- Controlling the organizational behavior of nanoparticles with polymers
- Three-layer nanoparticle catalysts improve zinc-air batteries
- Silver nanowire inks enable paper-based printable electronics
- Single-Crystal Graphene Films Grown More Than 100 Times as Fast as Previously Possible
- Graphene-Enabled Paper Makes for Flexible Display
- At UChicago's Nanofabrication Facility, Innovation Happens on a Molecular Scale - Chicago Inno
- Duane Boning named LeBel Professor