Since the genesis of the research field of molecular electronics, which is generally considered to have begun in 1974 with Aviram's and Ratner's early theoretical research ("Molecular rectifiers"), tremendous progress has been achieved both theoretically and experimentally by scientists and engineers who were fascinated by intriguing physical, chemical phenomena, and potential device applications of molecular junctions...
The Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology (CNST) at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Gaithersburg, MD is seeking expressions of interest for a Nanofabrication Process Engineer.
About Us The Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology (CNST), NIST’s nanotechnology user facility, supports the U.S...
Nanodiamond material specialist Carbodeon of Finland has worked with metal finishing specialist CCT Plating of Germany, to develop a new NanoDiamond enhanced electroless nickel plating with significantly improved performance in sliding applications.
Electroless nickel coatings offer many advantages over other coating types, such as excellent corrosion and abrasion resistance, creating an even coating thickness over complex geometries and at relatively low cost...
A lightweight, comfortable jacket that can generate the power to light up a jogger at night may sound futuristic, but materials scientist Trisha Andrew at the University of Massachusetts Amherst could make one today. In a new paper this month, she and colleagues outline how they have invented a way to apply breathable, pliable, metal-free electrodes to fabric and off-the-shelf clothing so it feels good to the touch and also transports enough electricity to power small electronics...
Industry News Headlines
- U of Illinois, NCSA Launch First US Nanomanufacturing Node - HPCwire (blog)
- Patent for one-of-a-kind process exfoliating pure graphene
- Wearable health monitor based on household paper
- A nanotechnology approach to purifying liquid crystals
- Molybdenum-Disulfide 2D Transistors Go Ballistic
- 2016 National Nanotechnology Initiative Strategic Plan
- MIT awarded UNESCO Medal for contributions to nanoscience and nanotechnologies
- Nano Nugget featuring Paul Weiss
- Nano Nugget featuring Chad Mirkin
- At UChicago's Nanofabrication Facility, Innovation Happens on a Molecular Scale - Chicago Inno
- Nano: a cleaner option?
- Researchers print graphene-like materials with inkjet
- Transforming greenhouse gas CO2 into carbon nanotubes
- A Short film by the CHN
What is Nanomanufacturing?
Nanomanufacturing is the essential bridge between the discoveries of the nano sciences and real-world nanotechnology-enabled products.
Nanoscale Offset Printing System (NanoOPS)
at Northeastern University's Center for High-rate Nanomanufacturing (CHN).