From its beginnings in the mid 1980s, 3-D printing has evolved from simple rapid prototype manufacturing, to now include advanced fabrication applications within construction, medical, electronics, and consumer product industries. Furthermore, this technique is now widely used for automotive and aviation parts fabrication; Local Motors™ is now taking pre-orders on complete 3-D printed cars that will soon reach the consumer market...
16 sites to give academic, small business and industry researchers access to nanotechnology research
To advance research in nanoscale science, engineering and technology, the National Science Foundation (NSF) will provide a total of $81 million over five years to support 16 sites and a coordinating office as part of a new National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure (NNCI)...
Cornell University, in partnership with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC), is opening a new $10 million Center of Cancer Nanotechnology Excellence that brings together scientists, engineers, biologists and physicians to develop and translate new cancer care applications based on nanotechnology.
The MSKCC-Cornell Center for Translation of Cancer Nanomedicines is funded with an $8...
A new study out of St. Mary’s College of Maryland puts us closer to do-it-yourself spray-on solar cell technology—promising third-generation solar cells utilizing a nanocrystal ink deposition that could make traditional expensive silicon-based solar panels a thing of the past.
In a 2014 study, published in the journal Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, St...
Industry News Headlines
- Small businesses invited to participate in DOE national lab vouchers pilot
- Wearable electronic health patches may now be cheaper and easier to make
- Nanocrystal Ink Deposition Enables Progress Towards DIY Spray-on Solar Cells
- Global Nanomedicine Company, Precision NanoSystems , Completes $13.4 Million Private Series A Financing
- Cornell and MSKCC to Open New $10 Million Center of Cancer Nanotechnology Excellence
- Nanobiosym Announces Commitment to Deploy Gene-RADAR in Africa to Stop Ebola
- MOF Technologies Receives €1.2M Funding to Scale up Production of Metal-Organic Frameworks
- Group NanoXplore Participates in Financing of Two Innovative Graphene Applications Companies
- Partnerships for Innovation: Accelerating Innovation Research- Technology Translation
- SBIR/STTR Innovation Summit Comes to Austin, TX, December 1-3, 2015
- Cheap Tubes Launches Online Ordering System for Nanomaterials
- Haydale Wins Major Graphene Research Grants
- Low-cost nanomembrane a new option for high-temperature fuel cells
- Global Nanomaterials Market Expected to Reach $11.8 Billion by 2020