Klaus Sattler, a professor at UH Mānoa's Department of Physics and Astronomy, has edited the first reference book to cover the field of carbon nanomaterials in a comprehensive fashion, reflecting its interdisciplinary nature that brings together physics, chemistry, materials science, molecular biology, engineering and medicine. The two-volume Carbon Nanomaterials Sourcebook contains 1,324 pages and 799 illustrations in 53 chapters...
Numerous research efforts already have demonstrated the feasibility of fabricating graphene-based electronics through high-throughput ink printing strategies (see for instance: "Inkjet printing of graphene for flexible electronics"). However, the electrical conductivity of the printed ink patterns is far from satisfactory...
Heat dissipation in electronics and optoelectronics is a severe bottleneck in the further development of systems in these fields. To come to grips with this serious issue, researchers at Chalmers University of Technology have developed an efficient way of cooling electronics by using functionalized graphene nanoflakes. The results are being published in the renowned journal, Nature Communications, on 29 April...
The National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) has evolved over time in both structure and focus - with growing emphasis in recent years on environmental, health, and safety research, coordination among regulatory agencies, commercialization and advanced manufacturing at the nanoscale, and workforce training and education...
Industry News Headlines
- Demonstration of large-scale technique to produce quantum dots
- Graphene-based nanolubricants could grease automotive industry's future
- New nanoparticle catalysts could reduce need for precious metals
- Right size + right chemistry = right stuff for plastics manufacturing
- Nanoparticles in baby formula: should parents be worried?
- Researchers nudge closer to physical limits of solar cells
- Solar cells of the future could be based on iron molecules (w/video)
- Mille-feuille nanofilter removes viruses from water
- PINSAT, IST ink accord for scientific, technical collaboration - Pakistan Observer
- Silver Nanowires Show Promise for Next-Generation Touch-Screen Technologies
- Ultrathin organic material enhances e-skin display
- University nanotechnology spinoff reaches commercial milestone
- Researchers unleash graphene 'tiger' for more efficient optoelectronics
- Open access infrastructure for a pilot line of nanoparticles and nanocomposites