The overall aim of LIFE NanoMONITOR is to improve the use of environmental monitoring data to support the implementation of REACH regulation and promote the protection of human health and the environment when dealing with ENMs. Within the EU REACH Regulation, a chemical safety assessment report, including risk characterisation ratio (RCR), must be provided for any registered ENMs. In order to address these objectives, the project partners have developed a rigorous methodology encompassing the following aims:
- Develop a novel software application to support the acquisition, management and processing of data on the concentration of ENMs.
- Develop an on-line environmental monitoring database (EMD) to support the sharing of information.
- Design and develop a proven monitoring station prototype for continuous monitoring of particles below 100 nm in air (PM0.1).
- Design and develop standardized sampling and data analysis procedures to ensure the quality, comparability and reliability of the monitoring data used for risk assessment.
- Support the calculation of the predicted environmental concentration (PEC) of ENMs in the context of REACH.
The REACH Centre
Lancaster Environment Centre
view on map