Separation technology is at the heart of water purification, sewage treatment and reclaiming materials, as well as numerous basic industrial processes. Membranes are used to separate out the smallest, nanoscale particles and even molecules and metal ions. Prof...
While there is currently no evidence that engineered nanomaterials (ENMs) pose a significant threat to the environment, many gaps in our knowledge remain with regard to ENM ecotoxicity. The lack of evidence should by no means be interpreted to imply that environmental damage cannot occur (read more: Nanotechnology and the environment – Hazard potentials and risks)...
Using pressure instead of chemicals, a Sandia National Laboratories team has fabricated nanoparticles into nanowire-array structures similar to those that underlie the surfaces of touch-screens for sensors, computers, phones and TVs. The pressure-based fabrication process takes nanoseconds. Chemistry-based industrial techniques take hours...
Researchers in AMBER, the Science Foundation Ireland-funded materials science research centre hosted in Trinity College Dublin, have fabricated printed transistors consisting entirely of 2-dimensional nanomaterials for the first time. These 2D materials combine exciting electronic properties with the potential for low-cost production...
Industry News Headlines
- Off-the-shelf, power-generating clothes are almost here
- Ready to wear electronics
- Graphene on silicon carbide can store energy
- Printed, flexible and rechargeable battery can power wearable sensors (w/video)
- 'Dialing-In' Wet Processing Parameters for MEMS, Nano Manufacturing and R&D - R & D Magazine
- Graphene-nanotube hybrid boosts lithium metal batteries
- New water-based, recyclable membrane filters all types of nanoparticles
- EPA Will Publish Draft Guidance for Reporting Nanoscale Materials for Comment
- EPA nanotechnology information gathering rule extension and guidance
- Laser printing with nanoparticles holds promise for medical research
- A silver molecular ink platform formulated for screen, inkjet, and aerosol jet printing
- A novel method for the synthesis of hexagonal boron nitride
- NSF awards $2.25M for Semiconductor and Nanotechnology Education Center
- Transparent tactile e-skin based on single-layer graphene
What is Nanomanufacturing?
Nanomanufacturing is the essential bridge between the discoveries of the nano sciences and real-world nanotechnology-enabled products.
Nanoscale Offset Printing System (NanoOPS)
at Northeastern University's Center for High-rate Nanomanufacturing (CHN).