About the National Nanomanufacturing Network
The National Nanomanufacturing Network (NNN) is an alliance of academic, government and industry partners that cooperate to advance nanomanufacturing strength in the U.S.
The mission of the NNN is to serve as a catalyst for progress in nanomanufacturing in the U.S., through the facilitation and promotion of nanomanufacturing workshops, roadmapping, inter-institutional collaborations, technology transition, test beds, and information exchange services. The NNN operates as an open-access network of centers, leaders, experts, and stakeholders from the nanomanufacturing research, development, and education community. It is a partnership between academia, industry and government that is built to foster and serve nanomanufacturing communities of practice.
The NNN functions as part electronic resource, part community of practice, and part network of experts working on the development of nanomanufacturing. The NNN has made key progress in launching and establishing an effective mechanism for information sharing, facilitating and organizing workshops and events with topical focus on critical and emerging nanomanufacturing issues, facilitating and contributing to critical areas of informatics, standards, education and workforce training, and further providing an open platform for archiving information where stakeholders can contribute or access relevant information specific to their needs in the area of nanomanufacturing.
The NNN has a vision of providing the following activities to support nanomanufacturing R&D:
- Facilitate collaborative R&D activities that support the development of nanomanufacturing systems through pilot projects and test beds with industry partnership
- A complementary portfolio of nanomanufacturing education and training activities.
- Share and disseminate best practices (process implementation, tech transfer, EHS, supply chain).
- Leading or assisting technology visioning and roadmapping activities via workshops and working groups, symposia, and summits on nanomanufacturing themes.
- Guide the development, implementation and growth of the InterNano nanomanufacturing information clearinghouse via broad-based informatics.
- Economic analysis of emerging nanomanufacturing processes.
- Federated nanoinformatics efforts linking materials, process, and application databases.
MoreNNN Conference + Workshops
Working with the NNN