The emerging capabilities in nanomanufacturing for systematic control and manufacturing across multiple length scales are evolving into the next generations of nanotechnology-enabled products. These products can be categorized as passive nanostructures, active nanostructures, multi-dimensional nanosystems, heterogeneous molecular nanosystems, and multiscale, integrated nanosystems...
Scientists from imec (partner in Solliance and EnergyVille), Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), and Zentrum für Sonnenenergie- und Wasserstoff-Forschung Baden-Württemberg (Centre for Solar Energy and Hydrogen Research, ZSW), today announced that they have fabricated a thin-film solar module stack made up of perovskite and Copper Indium Gallium Selenide (CIGS) with a conversion efficiency of 17.8 percent...
Ambitious, complex research that leads to breakthrough discoveries requires large-scale, long-term investments. Today, the National Science Foundation (NSF) announces $94 million in funding to support four new Science and Technology Centers (STCs), partnerships that lay the foundations for advances in fields ranging from cell biology and mechanobiology to particle physics and materials science...
Cell phones and Apple watches could last a little longer due to a new method to create copper nanowires.
A team of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) scientists have created a new method to purify copper nanowires with a near-100 percent yield. These nanowires are often used in nanoelectronic applications...
Industry News Headlines
- Stacked perovskite/CIGS solar module achieves unprecedented efficiency at 17.8 percent
- Scientists Purify Copper Nanowires
- Flexible Nonvolatile Memory Just Got a Lot Closer
- New nanomaterial could pave the way for more protective materials and efficient batteries
- New work explores thermoelectric screen printing
- Conformal liquid-metal electrodes for flexible graphene device interconnects
- Bruker Introduces Complete Commercial AFM-Based SECM Solution
- Diamond proves useful material for growing graphene
- Winning teams of the Nanotechnology Startup Challenge in Cancer
- ERC Starting Grant to revolutionize the efficiency, cost and stability of thin-film solar cells
- Nanoengineers build world's largest database of crystal surfaces and shapes
- Draft 2016 National Nanotechnology Initiative strategic plan available for public comment
- A versatile method to pattern functionalized nanowires
- New fabric uses sun and wind to power devices